View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 05:32 AM   #41
MarkWilliam
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Operation Sports - Press Row Podcast: NBA Live 14 Hands-On

I am at a point where seeing the 5 v 5 gameplay doesn't bother me any longer..... we have come this far and its that close, suddenly it doesn't bother me so much.

I will say this, as they were playing and walking through the basics, you could sense some great depth in this game.

I anticipate weakness being graphical and animations, but EA seem to have focused on the guts of it in terms of gameplay based on whats been said and whats been read......

In depth pick and roll, player tendencies from Synergy, Bounce Tek and foot planting.....

To use OKC and come hard at a defender with Westbrook and have a defender aggressively back pedal allowing you to pull up suddenly for a mid range J with Russ would be a fantastic thing...... and it would open up one on one play, closing out qtrs, games, shot clocks would have a big element of fun. Creating space for good looks.....forcing baseline with the Bulls, playing Ice pick and rolls etc..... each teams feel now gets distinguished on a whole new level (potentially)...

If we can get past weaker animations, things as mentioned above could just keep EA in the fight.....

Saying that, we could go as far as to anticipate weak reviews, with the ever evolving things with this game, day by day etc.... this definitely seems like users need to give it time to see its strengths.....

A reviewer may score it differently after 3 months for example.....

All of this is hopeful speculation (I am a 2K fan I will say - but more so, a basketball fan).....but if EA managed to get the depths of these gameplay elements to a certain level, this game could be fun and very strategic.....
Advertisements - Register to remove