Old 11-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #136
El_Poopador
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Thread on Reddit with someone who has game on ps4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
When you play against another human, that's where the cheesy tactics you're describing come in when it comes to 2K basketball. Playing against another sim user, or against the AI, all that nonsense goes out the window and you get the most accurate representation of a sport in video game form. MLB: The Show can also argue this fact.

Comparing Madden isn't even close. Playing against another user, no matter the type, or against the AI, the game is still a complete mess. And while 2K took steps to improve their gameplay, graphics and AI for next gen, Madden did nothing.

Stop the comparisons to other sports games, because Madden isn't on their level, not even a little bit.

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk
i hate to go off topic but i had to when i saw you say that playing against the cpu in nba 2k is realistic. i cant speak for ng because i havent played it or seen enough to really tell, but cg ai in nba 2k14 is a mess. ive had the game since a week after launch and i havent seen a single charge called. same goes for 3 second violations to the point where i had to go back into replay mode to actually count how many seconds more than 3 guys were in the paint. and those are just fouls/penalties.

not saying madden does a good job but youre really overselling 2k. jp hit it on the head when he said that almost no sports game is a realistic representation of the sport. mlb the show probably does the best job at least out of the games i play and know the sport. i dont play fifa and dont know soccer much so i cant comment on that. same with nhl. but i can say with confidence that neither madden or nba 2k is an accurate representation of their respective sports.