View Single Post
Old 11-15-2013, 02:44 AM   #21
Goldin Brown
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 How's Your Association Going?

Started a Suns Association, simmed through the first season to get to the draft. Got the #5 pick in the draft, Andrew Wiggins went #1 to the Celtics and Jabari Parker went # 2 to the Jazz. Somehow Julius Randle fell into my lap so I snatched him up with the quickness. The cpu AI is pretty awful in this game as I abused it without even trying, probably should have set some ground rules for myself. Anyway, Toronto offered me the #16 pick in the 1st round for Emeka Okafor and a future 2nd rounder, I accepted without really thinking. Low and behold, Dante Exum and Marcus Smart are sitting there when I go to pick, I take Exum, plan to use him as my SG. Marcus Smart ends up going first pick in the 2nd round to the Jazz, he and Exum were both projected as top 5 picks...weird.

In the 2nd round I took Mitch McGary to replace Okafor. So my draft ended up being pretty fantastic; Juluis Randle, Dante Exum and Mitch McGary.

Next comes free agency. I have like $26 mil in cap space. I match the 3yr/$24m offer on Eric Bledsoe to bring him back. That leaves me with a little over $19m in cap space. I have a glaring hole at SF and I see Lebron's mug sitting there in the FA pool and think, 'what the hell, why not give it a shot.' I offer him 3yrs/60m with a player option for the 4th year and a No Trade Clause. Wasn't really thinking he would accept, but wouldn't you know it, he accepted immediately. So now my team is nasty and I really wasn't even trying lol.

Starting Lineup:
PG - Eric Bledsoe
SG - Dante Exum
SF - Lebron James
PF - Julius Randle
C - Alex Len

Bench:
PG - Goran Dragic/Ish Smith
SG - Archie Goodwin/Reggie Bullock
SF - Marcus Morris/Gerald Green
PF - Channing Frye
C - Mitch McGary/Mason Plumlee

I know, I know, cheesey as hell. I need to make a few trades to balance this team out, but this squad is going to be pretty mean. Surprised it was so easy to put this team together in one offseason, 2k needs to really up AI of the cpu controlled teams, that was like taking candy from a baby.
Advertisements - Register to remove