Old 11-17-2013, 07:19 AM   #7
RogerBlack
Banned

RogerBlack's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is there OA on the PS4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTFalcon89
Association mode had to be revamped. I think this way is perfect.
I agree.

On the PS4, 2K has finally removed the ability for me to "create-a-player"... and assign him to the team of my choice, in order to play multiple seasons consecutively.

Instead, they swap-in a game mechanic that turns a fast-paced action sport.... into a slow, methodical, turn-based RPG game. (which probably appeals to the 'fantasy league'-types of gamers who prefer to dictate the price of hotdogs & souvenirs... right before having those "heart-to-heart" chats to motivate their struggling franchise players)

Yeah, Thanks 2K. Bravo.

That's EXACTLY what I wanted.

Nah, I did NOT want any more improvements to the "Create-a-Player" aspect, like giving my custom player the ability to wear sports goggles, or face masks... to look like Amare Stoudemire, or Kurt Rambis, or Rip Hamilton.

Who needs that?
No Thanks.

Because I only need to choose from 23 'preset' characters in order to sit thru even more RPG cutscenes that are shoved in-between (CPU-AI cheesefest) games on a team I had no control over being drafted to, in the first place.

(And btw, thanks again 2K Sports for leaving all the Latin guys and all 'light-skinned' Black guys completely off that preset character list. They made me realize that it is completely unnecessary to create a MyPlayer with the same skin-tone as Tony Parker, or Reggie Miller, or Allan Houston, or Francisco Garcia, or Al Horford, THIS year)

Yep, swapping "create-a-player" for that MyGM mode instead, was a stroke of 'brilliant'.
It's perfect. Well said.

Last edited by RogerBlack; 11-17-2013 at 08:02 AM.