View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #33
mikeveli20
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 15 PS4/XB1 Wishlist

A lot of these will echo what others have been saying but I think that just shows us what the majority of people want for this game.

Gameplay:
  • Full implementation of "true step" for every player - too many instances where I feel at a disadvantage because the player I'm controlling is performing true step motions and the guys coming to tackle him are not.
  • Complete overhaul of player models - everyone looks like a hunchback and the majority of NFL guys look nothing like their real-life counterparts.
  • Complete overhaul of animations - running is pathetic, tackling it just hilarious at times and throwing motions are robotic
  • Player momentum is too severe - these players are supposed to be amazing athletes so they should perform like it. There's no reason why my WR needs to take 2 more steps followed by several little foot planting motions in order to change his direction after taking a few strides (not even at full speed) coming back for the ball. Same thing on sideline catches or catches in stride. If I catch a ball in stride at full speed there should be little to no slowdown and my WR should make a quick cut as he turns to move up field. Size and athleticism should play a large factor in all of this. A large TE with average athleticism coming back for the ball would react different than a WR. Also, when my guys are running at top speed I want to feel that speed. This could have more do to do with the animations, but currently at top speed every player just looks like they're out for a casual jog.
  • Better route running and ball placement - if my WR is running a deep slant and I throw the ball when he makes his cut, my intention is for him to continue his slant and for the ball to hit him in route -- not for me to throw the ball at the spot he is currently making his cut, causing him to stop his cut and turn up field while usually losing position to the DB (and giving up an INT in the process).
  • Improve blocking logic - while the OL/DL interaction is definitely improved, there are still too many instances where a blocker won't engage a defender when he should. I've seen this happen a lot on screens where my blockers sweep out and let the DB walk right passed them without any attempt to stop him. Also had a few instances where my OL let the entire DL passed them without attempting to engage a single player (at which point you can guess I was sacked instantly). WRs will frequently disengage their block to block another guy slightly upfield before I even get a change to get around the first guy (thus he's left free to make the tackle). Lastly, the punt return team is still pathetic at blocking.

Presentation:
  • Living Worlds 2.0 - while improved, I still don't feel it in certain situations. 3rd and short late in the 4th quarter in a tie game on the road against a division rival feels more or less the same as being in 3rd and 15 in the 2nd quarter of a pre-season game.
  • Improve Commentary - too many moments of dead silence, especially after big plays like touchdowns, etc. Separate broadcast teams would be cool too.

Rules of the game:
  • Rebuild penalty system from the ground up - this is a complete port from current gen and is the same thing we've had for years (probably dating back to the PS2/Xbox days). Add more penalties, rename clipping to block in the back, and most importantly have penalties actually be called when they should!
  • Rebuild challenge system from the ground up - another complete port. Too many instances where challenges should be overturned and they're not or vice versa. Add more replay angles while the challenge is taking place and have the announcers talk about it more. And let us choose exactly what we want to challenge. Also, challenge flags shouldn't always be thrown by the CPU right away. There should be times where I'm able to get up to the line and snap the ball before the CPU decides it wants to challenge. And vice versa if I'm deciding to challenge they should attempt to get the play off before I make up my mind.

Connected Careers:
  • Give more of an impression that I'm part of a league - this could go under presentation too, but have highlights throughout my game of touchdowns and scores in other games around the league, just like the do in real life. Of course, the user can set the frequency that this happens (rarely, sometimes, often).
  • More interaction - Halftime shows, interviews with coaches at the half, player interviews, better post game wrap-up, play of the game that was actually significant to the outcome, etc.

Customization:
  • Add a slider for blocked kick frequency - I haven't blocked a kick in Madden since probably around 2009 and never feel like I have the chance to do so (I don't even touch any buttons on FGs or Punts anymore). Adding a slider for this would allow each person to set it to what they feel is a good percentage.
  • Add a slider for bad snap frequency - these usually happen a couple times a game in real life but never in the game. A slider would allow a person to choose what's right for them.

Last edited by mikeveli20; 11-18-2013 at 12:08 AM.