View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 05:38 AM   #172
otek
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
I actually think I'll get NBA Live OVER NBA 2k.

Why:

1: NBA 2K commentary is SO REPETITIVE. I've heard the same boring stuff for years. Even though the commentary on 2K14 is mostly new, after you play 1 game with a team they say the same exact stuff about the team. The commentary on Live may need a little polishing, but it's new, fresh, and it sounds like they comment a little more on the gameplay vs talking about the same thing over and over.

2: Gameplay. Overall I hate how NBA 2k feels when I play it. It just has a bad feel. You don't have full control. When someone tries to steal the ball you can lose control for 2-3 seconds with goofy animations.

3: Footwork/looks: 2K players constantly shuffle their feet. They move in multiple directions like an adhd kid.

4: Speed. NBA Live has the PERFECT speed. NBA 2k speeds up their games to make them more exciting and to get better marketing, but it's very unrealistic as far as speed is concerned. Live is the perfect speed.

2K seems like a little bit of a better game with way better graphics. BUT I'm SO TIRED of the SAME problems with 2K. It has played the same for the last 3-4 years and people are content with it, but I hate that. And the repetitive commentary with the same annoying voices has driven me from enjoyment of the game.

I think Ea should patch some of these problems away with gameplay. Yeah, I admit some of the shooting and passing motions are a little weird. But at least the players move like they should and overall the game plays well. Some tweaks could make this a great game.

Once those tweaks are made it's gameplay and presentation vs graphics. And I'll take gameplay all day.

My 2 cents.
I think I watched different NBA Live gameplay video than you. Comparing it with this 2k gameplay, Live is miles away from Next-Gen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=938LffCYSZo

People should not forget that Live is an EA production and they do not have a good reputation of implemeneting customer suggestions into their products.