Old 11-22-2013, 08:32 AM   #11
Peacefrog
Rookie

Peacefrog's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA sues EA Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4wduk3n
Tiburon is EA. 2k has no reason to jump in given their distance from 2k8 now in late 2013 as well as the legal cluster this is resulting in. Risk mitigation. Plus, why would the same schools who expressed doubt about giving EA their rights do anything different for 2k?
Tiburon is not EA. Tiburon was a separate company bought by EA in '98, just like BioWare was bought by EA in '07. BioWare had a history of making utterly fantastic games before it was purchased by EA (Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Knights of the Old Republic, Baldur's Gate 2). Then EA took over, and their games became garbage. The last couple Dragon Age games sucked. Their MMO The Old Republic had the makings of being on-par with World of Warcraft, but it felt like it got released too early, and stopped getting support once it went live. It still feels rather unfinished. And ME3 was a PR disaster for the first few months, until they stopped focusing on the multiplayer and finished the ending. There's no reason to think that Tiburon wouldn't make a better Madden or NCAA game if they did it without EA.

After seeing the lawsuit disaster that ultimately killed NCAA Football, I'm willing to bet both EA and 2K are right now putting together dozens of business models to present to the NCAA, in hopes of getting the licensing back. It'll take a few years, to be certain, but I'm really hoping it'll be 2K this time around instead of EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove