View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 09:37 PM   #49
slowdifference
Pro

slowdifference's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Week 12 Sunday Night Football: Denver Broncos (9-1) @ New England Patriots (7-3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
Playing the Super Bowl under what will no doubt be below freezing conditions with a possibility of extremely severe weather is an incredibly dumb idea by the NFL. Just imagine the scenario I posted about a few posts ago. Other than die hard fans and a few crazy people, nobody would want to see a championship game played under those kind of conditions. Plus, it would be a nightmare for those in attendance (remember, the Super Bowl is full of casuals) and could potentially be a logistical nightmare.

TL;DR - It's a stupid ****ing idea.
The game was put into seemingly perfect conditions last year in a dome. The game was delayed for a blackout. Anything can happen. They put the Colts/Bears game in Miami a warm weather city and we saw how that worked out. Some of the greatest/most memorable games have been contested under bad weather conditions