Old 11-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #44
actuallybrown
Rookie

actuallybrown's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: How To Fix NBA Live 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
I hate to say this but EA needs to stick a fork in NBA Live. It's done. It's a wrap. Give up all the licenses.

They need to go the route of NFL 2k8 and make a fictitional basketball game with fake teams and players. Fake arenas. Fake announcers. All fake everything.

This way they won't be held to the expectation of realism and they can give people a fun change of pace from the game that most closely represents that realism.

I wouldn't go the NBA Street route but something that looks like basketball where they won't be held to the standard of actual NBA players and their likenesses.

I know it's wishful thinking because of all the $$$ at stake but I think it's the best idea. Give up the licenses and allow another studio to take on making the game because when it comes to EA and the NBA, they just can't get it right.

If you try to build next year off the '14 foundation, there may be improvement but not enough to move the needle that it would make an impact. Possibly in '16 but by then the other game will be so far ahead that it'll be fruitless.
I said it before and I'll say it again:

^^ Bring this back, as it was, and all will be forgiven. Live can die if this is awesome, and I personally don't think anybody will feel too bad. It'd be good for the gaming world, good for the sport, and good for the fans.