View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 08:10 AM   #14
marks0124
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New Friday stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCStateHokie
I nominate you to replace the unpaid intern at EA. You have way better ideas. If you need a reference just let me know.

I guess the one good thing is that EA plans on doing quite a few more team collections since there are a large selection of teams that are MUCH better than choosing CAL. I bet half of their grads don't even know they have sports at Cal.
Our faithful unpaid intern does do a pretty good job. Hopefully the experience pays off for him/her down the line. I suspect bugging all of these challenges and programing these "Halloween" releases takes a good bit of time. I'm sure he/she is getting direction on what to develop and what to release.

Like it or not, the cover edition cards have brought a lot of people back to the game. I have no idea how they've affected the $ spent the game but activity is definately up - which is a good thing. I would have preffered they release on a week in All-American packs (perhaps make the challenge reward an All-American pack) but it has worked well.

I just think EA never had a "master" plan regarding these releases. If you step back and think about it - there are several flaws in how the ratings were done. We have a better Aquid Talib card than a Champ Bailey. We have a better Sheldon Richardson card than a Warren Sapp. A better Denario Alexander than Keyshawn Johnson and Michael Irvin. A better Montae Ball than Hershall Walker. That's not college football. The early "Team Captain" cards were really wasted. The challenges have been frustrating because out of them - only about three cards actually make a difference in the game. How nice would it have been if we'd have gotten a Team Captain Vince Wilford instead of Vilma?

Finally there are still tons of great college players that don't have cards. I understand not being able to get everybody's rights. But we have several great players in the NFL right now that do not have cards. Ben Grubbs was an All American OG at Auburn. Duane Brown, D'Brickshaw Ferguson, Bryant McKinnie, Tony Gonazelez, Osi Umenyiora, Asante Samuel and plenty more. The lack of attention to lineman is frustrating. These cards will generate interest and plenty of it if they are done properly. A GOTW Bryant McKinnie or Ben Grubbs card would generate much, much more interest (and pack opening) than "Edge" James and Rudi Johnson cards.

So in summary, we just need to get a meeting with some EA executives.