Old 12-04-2013, 05:45 AM   #855
justcallmedaddy
Rookie

justcallmedaddy's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03
Asked for a trade from the jazz. Couldn't deal with that terrible team anymore and keeping us afloat. Weirdly enough, i asked to be traded to the lakers, rockets, or the nuggets(the lakers were the most interested in me and my favorite team) but somehow i ended up on the raptors? I don't understand how that works, the lakers would need a young point guard. Either way, i can deal with the raptors way more than the jazz, i can work with this. Won my first game, and we were up by 20, then i get subbed out at the end of the second quarter and don't get subbed back in until the 4th with 6 seconds and down by 1, and of course the scripted dynamic goal of "win the game" came up. I hit the shot, but i really really really can't stand how 2k scripted the hell outta this mode, it's predictable and annoying. They're trying to be too dramatic with this story.

Also rudy gay got injured in my first game with them(just standing still somehow) and has a concussion and is out for 2-3 weeks. I'm wondering if that's scripted too, considering 2k really wants your player to have to carry their team. . .
Playing PG for the Jazz as well. I don't remember which team we were facing, but we were getting absolutely blown out, they had 90 before the 3rd quarter had ended and we were not even at 60 midway through the 3rd. So towards the end of the 3rd I get subbed out, and when I hit x to continue there's like 6 seconds left in the 4th and the score was 97-96! The other team scored 2 freakin points in the 4th and we scored in the mid 30's. I came in and missed a contested dribble pull up after Biedrins(Kanter tore his ACL) set a horrid screen that I tried to use to get seperation.

I can handle the storyline being a little cheesy and having the same exact sit downs with the GMs, but why do they have to make us adjust to the story? MJ's career of clutch shots ahd huge games didn't come from a linear storyline, he made those things happen. Like the intro says "This is my story, and I won't let anybody tell it but me." Let me write the story, I don't want to be a puppet out there.

I swear if they make every playoff game scripted and make all the series' go to game 7s I will be beyond mad.
NCAA FB:Notre Dame
NCAA BB:Notre Dame
Advertisements - Register to remove