Old 12-06-2013, 09:30 AM   #6
ManiacMatt1782
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: UFC 171 - Jones v. Glover - Dallas - March 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
I prefer Glover get a shot because I honestly hate immediate rematches. It's so anti-climatic to me. Unless the match was just ridiculously close/there was a robbery or if there's nobody else in the division then I would prefer a new challenger. I know it was a controversial decision but I don't think Gus was the clear winner.

As far as Glover's chances, I actually believe he'll be a stiff test for Jones. His defensive wrestling is legit but I do question his cardio as well. Yeah he might have gotten rocked in previous fights, but you could also say that his chin is pretty good. He took hard shots and didn't get KO'd.
I agree, he has been stunned, but recovered well. I don't think it's so much his chin as his aggressive style leaves a lot of openings. He his much more susceptible to taking one on the button. but there is on so many shots you can take before you can't recover all that well. But like I said, Jones uses range and kicks to the body early as well as clinch work to sap Glover's stamina, Eventually Glover's defense slows down and I predict Jones to get a finish in the championship rounds, mid to late round 4. Glover is tough, but Jones isn't gonna charge him with his hands down just because he connected a few times and had glover a little hurt a couple times like Bader did. Jones by being smarter than Bader.

Also regarding Gus. I think a lot of that love affair has to do with someone actually taking the fight to Jones. Machida had Jones in trouble in the 1st round, but then got blasted in the 2nd round and eventually submitted. Belfort almost had Jones submitted but he slipped off of the armbar, but then got dominated and eventually submitted the rest of the fight. Gustaffson took the fight to Jones, and arguably won. It was a VERY CLOSE fight, but not a robbery. You can't have a robbery in a close fight. Iwould love to see Gus get fast tracked to another shot, but, somone else should get a crack first. Glad the UFC played it out the way they did.

Last edited by ManiacMatt1782; 12-06-2013 at 09:37 AM.