Old 12-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #13
elgreazy1
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: New APF Mod Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
You make a fair point, and honestly I think all of us (myself included) have spent a lot of time pontificating on what we want out of a new football game, but almost no time supporting indie and mid-major efforts, or at the very least going to companies directly which is a lot easier to do today than it ever has been.

But, on the other hand, couldn't a well thought-out redo of All-Pro Football along with some concept creatives & mood boards and even some companion storylines, be a strong stake in showing what we want? If nothing else, couldn't it be used (along with some photoshopped creatives) as part of the pitching package?
Of all companies who could make a football comeback, I think it would have to be 2K or Natural Motion only because they have an IP that would be easiest to work with. The problem, is all the money that goes into research/discovery, strategy, developing, testing, marketing, etc. and convincing a company to invest it in a sub-genre that hasn't been to fruitful in the marketplace (see: APF2K8, Backbreaker, Blitz: The League, etc). It is a huge task and financial burden to develop games these days and with that I simply don't think many companies are willing to put themselves at risk to develop.