View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #34
woody2goody
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: List the wrestlers who were "your guys"...

I started watching WCW in 1999 and my favourites there were:

Booker T - oozed cool and style in the ring.

Ernest 'The Cat' Miller - for some reason he was hilarious.

Terry Funk - his hardcore match with Meng was one that stands out to be as being pretty funny. Always respected Funk.

Scott Steiner - his freaking biceps!

Goldberg - he was a badass and undefeated for so long, I was drawn in completely.

Dave Taylor and Steven Regal - Anyone British was a novelty for me but I enjoyed Taylor and Regal's antics.

Then in WWF/E in 2000-05:

Kurt Angle - loved his character when he started in WWF. Then realised he was a brilliant wrestler.

Chris Jericho - I used to only watch Heat when it was on C4 in Britain, and Jericho was one of the main regular babyfaces on that show along with Matt and Jeff.

Undertaker - I remember his return as a biker and have always liked him since. But back then he was a legend to me even more so.

The Rock - have always liked him, my main memory of him at that time was winning the Rumble in 2000.

Brock Lesnar - just awesomely powerful and intimidating.

Eddie Guerrero - loved his antics with Chyna and then his pursuit of the WWE Championship.

D'Lo Brown - always have been a massive fan. Gutted nothing came of his return in '08.

After about the time of Eddie's death I didn't have the ability to watch until 2008.

WWE 2008-present

Kane - have always enjoyed him so could have been in the last category as well. Still one of my 'guys', I thought Team Hell No was utter genius.

Goldust - his return has made me so happy. Enjoyed his work since 2002 and the tag team with Booker T, was pleased when he got good exposure on ECW, disappointed when released and proud of him now with the Tag Titles.

Christian - I used to dislike Christian until about '03 when he started teaming with Y2J. Now he's my favourite wrestler and I've never been so pleasantly surprised as when I was watching ECW on Feb 10, 2009 when he returned.

Daniel Bryan - I don't need to say much - so happy he is having a successful WWE career.

Kaitlyn - On the first episode she graced on NXT, she was just the beautiful girl next door - didn't even realise her personality was so attractive along with her physique. The complete package and will only improve with experience.

Others from this time:

Shelton Benjamin
Matt Striker
Matt Hardy
William Regal
AJ Lee
CM Punk
Antonio Cesaro

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Now Playing FIFA, UFC 4, PGA Tour 2k23, WWE, MLB The Show and Dirt Rally 2.0