View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 07:54 AM   #285
DirtyMagic5
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Now that I have a pretty decent handle on the way to play this game I decided I'd have a comparison and play a game of 2k and Live back to back 5 min quarters, all start diff on 2k and Pro on live.

The bleeding obvious is that Live is so far behind in graphics and animations it's not even funny, when I was a quarter into the game of 2k I'm thinking Jesus I can't go back to playing Live can I?
As the game progressed and may FG % grew I got to the 4th quarter and was up but 12 against the kings (as Rockets) on all star and as per usual the kings start their run as if the director of a movie yells action.
Ended up winning by 6 but it felt like every game I've played of 2k for the last 5 years. BTW my FG % ended up at 62% for the game. kings shot 35% and I only won by 6.

Then I load up Live, as the camera zooms in on the tip off and I shudder thinking how bad the game looks.
I proceed to play against the Grizzlies and get out to and early lead on the back of a Hardens 8 pts in the first.
The game continues with ebbs and flows throughout although I'm really hitting my shots and making a lot of open looks and really playing great D.
I get to the last quarter up around 10 and come out and score six un answered, continue the last quarter and end up blowing them out by 20.
I shot well and needed up with 48% FG, and my stifling defence held the Grizzlies to a lowly 36% ......but I won by 20.

Now this might seem like a great story but the moral to it is the game of Live I played felt nothing like the 8 or so I've played since getting the game and probably another 8-10 on the demo. That's the key here, the game feels fresh, it's plays like basketball, play well, run plays and you'll be rewarded, like Inside drive that someone mentioned earlier.

I can't believe I've gone from laughing at this game to loving it, but that's what happens when you give things a chance.

I'm starting a Dynasty in LIVE with 29 game seasons because it offers that.
I'll keep 2k to play a couple of mates online and to maybe play my player if they ever fix al the issues, along with al the new ones the patch has created.

Till then I will be happily enjoying the variety and realistic representation of the sport that live gives me, with its worts and all.

Anyone else made the jump to all star I'm wondering if it's too easy?
Does it change the fundamental way the game plays?

Xbox Live - Kangawallaby
PSN - Kangawallaby
Advertisements - Register to remove