View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #10
FillyP
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
I'm the 6th man on my team and was building team chemistry until one of the "veteran" players came to me demanding I wear a red clown nose for all media appearances. I told him to shove it and my Team Chemistry rating went down 10 points to 48.

I accepted handling the guy's luggage, cause that's an acceptable rookie hazing, but making a fool out of myself is not something I'm willing to do, so I find it completely absurd that my refusal to do something like that should kill my chemistry with my teammates, especially given how well we have performed together, and how poorly the a-hole who is forcing me to do all these things at my expense is playing.

That's a huge miss in my opinion. I've fallen down to where I was before I started playing because I refused to make my player into a fool. Never mind all the positive moves that I have made to establish better team chemistry, if you don't do one thing properly its gonna kill your rating. Its like this with the teammate ratings in the game too, good ball movement usually doesn't provide much of an increase but accidentally let your player score (even when it comes when your assignment gets randomly changed), and you lose a ton of points. Basically you lose far too much for small mistakes than you gain for great play/decisions.
I refused to carry Earl Watson's luggage, because that seemed like a b*tch move. I actually got more fans and respect for it. Then I agreed to wear the clown nose, because it's silly/goofy and really innocuous rookie hazing. I don't think you're looking like a "fool" - the point is that you don't always take yourself too seriously. I chose to see it as harmless and social media and the team responded positively.. so, just a different perspective.

Completely agree that the mode is far from perfect.. earning VC and team chemistry doesn't always make much sense. But for the first next-gen 2K, I think they got a lot of things right and I'm very, very excited to see where MyCareer goes in the future.

P.S. I LOVE the budding bromance I've got going on with LMA. Pretty cool to have a vet take you under his wing. I like how they worked in stuff like free throw practice and scrimmages. Awesome.