View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #40
da ThRONe
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: NBA 2K14 My Career Mode Makes and Misses

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkiii
That disappointing to hear on the misses. This is truly the mode I want to play on PS4 later down the road but maybe later will be nba2k15. People must have complained how the earlier versions of myplayer kinda forced you to be more team oriented....which I liked. With PS4 the you passing and the guy making the shot bug shoulkd never happen. It should have logic/storyline based on A:shot and won, B:shot and missed, C: Passed and shot was made, D: shot was passed and missed. All 4 of those scenarios should be taken...hell a 5th one could be turnover.

That's the thing about sports there are so many different varying options that could take place(good, bad, or neutral) that having the appropriate cut scenes just based on the natural flow of each individual game isn't doable right now. It was difficult enough with the post game press conferences and that was way more simple. So 2K is forced with a choice either have less detail and more variety or great detail and a forced storyline to go with it. I won't purchase this game until we have the former as the direction for this mode.

IMO the way sports modes such as MyGM or especially in this case MyCareer should be taking is focusing on the real elements of working hard as a pro. It's great to have limited interaction with necessary personnel ex. teammates, coaching staff, agents and even to a lesser degree fans. I said this before you should get things like scouting reports. That's something that can be redundant, yet relevant every game.

2K did something so brilliant than completely went away from it. When they 1st introduced MyPlayer they had a demo where you got to create your MyP than go through the combine complete with drills and pick up games. Why not bring that back. They want to sell VC how about you sell a full fledged combine maybe with the draft, summer league, and training camp (for us sim people who keep asking for it back every year, but manage to get less) for MyP. Not only can we get a test run of the game early we get to have our MyP's made and improved from day one. And for all those instant people they can have the Rising challenge thing they added with the regular purchase.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 12-10-2013 at 10:36 AM.