View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #218
shutdown10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: If NBA Live Has a Future, It Has to Look Radically Different

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
im going to start here. you were the one who brought up backbreaker. i was simply responding to that and im the one who said its not relevant.

again you are not hitting on the only point i was trying to make. ea is in no way shape or form stopping anyone from making an nba game. whether it is a good idea for another company to try is not the argument. your original post said ea needs to stop making nba games so someone else can. even if they stop that will not change anything for another company who might be interested.

then you say if live gets their act together and makes a good game. well that just defeats the purpose of your original statement since the whole point was that you dont like their game. so introducing that hypothetical (in your case. personally i think live 14 is ok and can lead to a great game in the future) completely goes against what you originally wanted.

you also brought up other sports which i dont really understand. the mlb license has been in 2ks hands for the last however many years so no one else can make a third party mlb game. the nfl license is in eas hands so no one can make another nfl game. hockey only has one game out so why isnt there two? 2k stopped making their hockey game so why didnt someone else step in? thats the same scenario as this just with hockey. sure its not as popular but if they make a better game then why not? tennis and bowling you dont even need a license. look at the wii. they included those games together with their system and they are two of the funnest games to play. even better than some of the licensed games.

any company can try. that is my point. i am not arguing that it is a good idea. but you make it sound like because company a is trying company b is not allowed to. if company a has a horrible product (as you claim it does) then company b can make a much better product and step in if they chose to do so. if no one ever did that we would be stuck in the dark ages.

Not trying to be disrespectful, but if you don't understand how business works then please delete this post. The football market is different than the basketball market because one company has their hands on all the licenses. Back breaker would have continued if they were allowed to get their share of those resources. Their sales would have dwindled throughout the years because of the lack of NFL appeal in the game belonging to EA, so they were not going to continue in the market whether you want to believe it or not. Are you saying that any company can make a generic NBA game just out of your imagination? EA needs to to give up that number two slot and allow another company to compete with 2k if they cannot get their game going properly. You can try to defend EA or Nba Live in this situation, but business is business!