Old 12-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #220
El_Poopador
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: If NBA Live Has a Future, It Has to Look Radically Different

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
I don't think he realizes the point here. No other company is going to get involved with this ugly situation. You have a basketball company in 2k that has been thriving in the market for 3 years and you have EA that has failed to put out a game for three years, but is still paying for their share in this market as well. Another company is not going to put themselves in that situation because of the pressures of having to pay to publish with NBA and still compete with sales against 2k and when EA when finally decides to come out. If EA gave up their rights, then I guarantee we all would have seen another company emerge by now. The situation is too risky for a third company to get into basketball right now.
ok lets say hypothetically that both nba live and nba 2k are horrible games and have been horrible games for the last say six years. are you honestly telling me that no other company would think to try and make a game because there are already two games on the market?

or lets say that ea does decide to step out. does that mean the first company that steps in is the only one thats going to succeed? if i release an nba game after ea leaves no one else will try since i took that second spot regardless of how bad my game is? and the only reason they will not try is because there are two games on the market?

Last edited by El_Poopador; 12-12-2013 at 11:48 AM.