View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 10:35 AM   #1979
Rell7thirty
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This scripted bs is pissing me off. In the beginning stages of your career, I'm guessing 2K wants us to experience extreme struggle. I'm with the pistons right now, the same pistons team I made it to the finals with on my corrupted save file. These guys are completely bumming it up right now, there's no way around it. I try to start a streak and some kind of change will impact my game tremendously.

I'll either get moved from PG to SG where I can no longer create for my team. Once the opposing team is on a run, they make 100% of their threes, regardless of shooter or how much defense is played. Then the big men catch the ball at the top of the key and start dribbling and calling plays.. No matter how many times I spam the pass button he just won't pass it to me, resulting in a bad team grade at the same time.

The worse is when you skip to continue instead of sitting on the bench. Your team could be up big, all of a sudden they're down 14, the opposing teams ball, and they want you, a f-ing rookie in his 4th game, to bring the score back down to 5. Not only does the opposing team automatically score on the next possession, making it a 17 or 16 point lead, but your teammates turn off their brains for the rest of the game. They start directly passing it to the other team, almost looking intentional. And when they pass it to you, they throw it out of bounds. Rebounds magically fall out of their hands, even when they've already secured the ball. Looking at replays shows you how bugged out the scripting is. It literally goes out of its way and deliberately sabotages plays without any subtlety. The opposing team will grab every offensive rebound when the fake momentum is in their favor, making it much harder to get your team back into rhythm.

I understand it's just the beginning, but having played a whole season already, and attempting to avoid my prior mistakes, I now see that it's basically impossible.