View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #1981
taterskin
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by taterskin
If you have a 2 option contract.... you should go to free agency in your 5th year. My contract for my rookie season was 2 years...and it's what it shows on my player card. There is another thread going about this very issue. I'm in my 4th year.... and it shows this being the final year where it actually shows a salary.... and does not show another team option. So the 2 year team options have already been picked up. You should be a free agent in your 5th season.... and if you are not....it's broken. In the other thread he advises his contract is now showing 0 dollars....as if it did nothing at the end of the initial contract. I know this isn't a game breaker for anyone else.... but I'm not interested in finding a "trade work around" to get to the team I want. It all impacts your fan base, gm relationship, and team chemistry. Unless someone here has had a different experience....guess I'll be heading back to the PS3 to play 2K.... I didn't have this issue there.
Not to mention.... if your my player is a star and built most or all of the way up....any team you go to gives up stars or the farm to get you when traded.

This same thing happened in my 2nd favorite game.....MLB the show. 3 years ago or so....when you made it to free agency you would have half a dozen offers to chose from other teams competing for you. In the last couple... you get 2 offers at best....and they generally aren't from the higher payroll market teams that it should be. So if you don't like either of the 1 or 2 offers and don't want to stay where you are.... you have to decline all offers and go to spring training and "tryout" for whoever you want to play for.
Advertisements - Register to remove