Old 12-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #8014
Blzer
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: What movies have you seen recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
I really only heard those complaints once the film was announced and prior to its release. Once it was released I was under the impression it was a pretty favorable remake from impressions. I think most of it stemmed from the fact that the original is a (cult) classic and is untouchable.
I expected that from the pre-release crowd, but never read up anything on this movie until its release. Post-release people are still saying it's bad, but I think that's where they're showing how biased they really are.

I guess you're right in that the vocal majority does not represent the overall majority opinion. To receive a 6.5 on IMDb is nothing to wince at for a remake, especially since I didn't find it particularly enjoyable the whole way through, though I thought the production itself was pretty well done (with the hiccup of how they went about one part I mentioned earlier).
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60