Old 12-25-2013, 01:25 AM   #2037
Slooty2k
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyld
Man... this scripted MyCareer crap is so annoying. I need to vent a minute.

So I'm a PF on the Bobcats. 77 overall. We're playign the Mavericks. It's ana way game. At Half Time, we are winning by 20 points. TWENTY EFFING POINTS!

Coach takes me out at half time. I don't get back into the game until 11:46 in the 4th quarter. And we're down by 13. The Mavs went on a 40-9 run in the 3rd quarter or something. Ok whatever, I play the best i can. I get rebounds. I get putbacks. I get my shots. I get us to within 5-6 points multiple times. the closest we ever got was to within 3. NOONE ON MY TEAM WILL SHOOT! My teammates are masters of pump-faking. That's all they do. If I'm in the play and I pass to them, they will pump fake, then run around a second and pass it. Even if I don't touch the ball, they wait as long as possible to do something dumb. We could have easily won the game if someone would have shot a damn 3 pointer.

At the end of the game, I had 23 points or so, 15 or so rebounds, (including about 6-7 offensive ones) 2 assists, 2 blocks, a steal... I was doing all I could. Naturally the reporter asks something dumb and i gave the most honest answer I could. (it was an embarrassing game or something.)

Afterwards, I'm called to coach's office, and he tells me he put me in the game to step up and i failed. I got pissed and told him it wasn't my fault. and if i had mroe minutes we'd win more. he said he's lowering my minutes because he was wrong about me.

ok so... we're winning by 20, he benches me for an entire quarter, and the pieces of trash on my team create a 33 point turnaround in the wrong direction. Then when we can't close the game out, it's my fault. You know coach? Kiss my power forward ***!

And to make matters worse? The very next game, against the 76's I play for a bit and am subbed out. When I get back in, I have a dynamic goal of "Thaddeus Young is taking you to school. score more points than him." I checked the stats. He had 12 points. Not a single one had been against me.

I just turned my damn PS4 off. This crap is infuriating. The story overall is interesting, but my god it doesn't make any damn sense sometimes. Maybe Coach can look over his "film" and realize me on the bench = a 40-9 quarter or whatever, then notice our craptastic record (losing by a lot lolololol) and put 2 and 2 together and discover that our team is complete crap and I'm the only one performing anywhere near decently.

end rant. Sorry guys. just had to get that off my chest.:\
The actual gameplay isnt scripted though. Ive played through thay scenario three times already.First time was with the 76ers and I forgot who it was against. But I remember we never had a lead the whole game but we were always between 5-10 points. I get subbed in the beginning of the 4th when I get the dynamic goal from coach but we ended up losing by 4. Coach was mad and I apologized. 2nd time was with the Pelicans and we got straight up annihilated and blown out. It waa embarassing and I was pissed at my teammates kinda like how your game turned out. This current my career where Im a SG for the Cavs we played the Spurs and blew them out. Tiago Splitter and Leonard fouled out, we were hitting threes left and right while they bricked all their 3s and they even missed all their free throws in the 2nd quarter where I heard commentary I never heard before about how embarassing it is that they missed all their free throws. We had a great game and afterwards Mike Brown tells me how proud he is of how I steppes up with extra minutes and to expect to see more playing time even though he lied in none of thr scenarios did I ever see a minutes decrease or increase. I play on superstar simulation btw. Hall of Fame has way too much cheese for me.