View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 07:54 PM   #796
HOLLIDAY1183
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Had a chance to play the full game at my friend's while on break from work up in NY.

Wow. They really should at least try to bring the same improvements to the demo (or have they, and I'm just unaware due to not playing the demo since early Dec?)

Whereas when playing the demo in complete shock at how bad it was, I actually can appreciate some of the stronger points and actually enjoy it for what it is. Not sure if I'll buy it this year but props to the Live team for tweaking and trying to improve this game in earnest. Here's hoping they KEEP this base, and for 15 work on:

Can't say enough, they really need to focus on the individuality of this sport. Body types/player models need to be more varied.

I think with more time they'll be able to fill in the commentary holes. Right now it doesn't really flow.

I hope they get rid of cutscenes. Just leave it "live" so to speak, from subs to free throw cutaways, timeouts, everything. Just switch the camera but leave it live for everything happening.

I've heard of the hopstep "cheese" but I haven't really seen it really used abusively. My boy wasn't using it at all, and when I did a few times in a row, he still didn't. A few times he stopped me with it but the way it can be used willy-nilly without penalty is the bigger issue probably. Needs to be charges/lose-the-ball penalties for abusing it.

Sliders are a must, we're almost in 2014. Regardless of their necessity or core gameplay, they're a must.

Not big on CAP. Don't really miss it, but editing players is also a must in 2013.

Honestly, I think a full slider array would remedy SO MUCH here.

But that brings me to my main point. It seems like they had an objective: get the game out the door. So decisions were made. I can't speak to how long the actual dev cycle was, if the team is "lazy" or not "prioritizing" effectively. I just feel like they have something here. They have something. And I get the feeling that was the goal. To have something out.

Just keep what's here and work on it. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Wife's mom: "Be grateful that's what he's running out at midnight for."