Old 12-28-2013, 04:28 PM   #3
OhMrHanky
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tackling slider? Broken tackles/blockshed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Seems penalty sliders still effect events in the game. I am just unclear on the specifics on what was being effected, by which sliders, and to what degree...

If EA/Tiburon knows all these details they should produce a tutorial on them so we can understand the game better..

I cannot help but consider that EA/Tiburon never touches sliders, but any perceived change in how a slider effects game play are due to other changes in code that just happens to be interconnected with sliders.

I also believe, EA/Tiburon has no clue what any slider does, nor how they are connected and rely on other factors...

I did read an article that was explaining the science of QB ratings and it was stated that, "Aaron Rodgers has a deep accuracy rating of 87, which means that 87% of Rodgers’ deep throws are on target." This leads me to believe that all ratings are on a "percent" basis out of 100...Sliders then would be - 50 is the center or "zero" point of ratings adjustments(fine tuning); thus raising or lowering a slider will increase or decrease particular ratings by the percent changed - thus moving a slider 25 points to the left will lower connected ratings by 25%; BUT, maybe that 25% is not calculated on the full player rating(s) connected, but based on an equation such as - take QB Rodgers 87 deep accuracy rating - if you lowered QB accuracy slider by 25 maybe the formula works something like (87-50*25%= adjusted QB deep accuracy)? I picked 50 because the majority of attributes that are relevant are over 50 and to apply a 25% modifier to the real rating number would show a grand variation to player actions on field; thus I feel the calculation changes are based on smaller numbers....With QB Rodgers slider adjustment as shown above, his post slider Deep Accuracy rating would be 87 - 9.25= 77.75, I assume the total would be truncated, so 78...

Of course the other issue would be, how exactly are ratings measured in madden and how are they interconnected? seems even a QB accuracy of 70 is still rather accurate...but is that because the accuracy calculations are overpowered or because defensive coverage and reactions are under powered? My theory is to raise defensive coverage sliders and reaction time sliders...I so far feel that raising the coverage slider more than the reaction time slider allows with better zone and m2m cover without having defender jump routes...I can tell teh difference be watching how well the Browns' Joe Haden covers compared to the Browns' CB Buster Skrine covers...Skrine is m2m rating in the low 70's? while Haden m2m is 98...Haden is on everyone...Skrine gets beat and is also thrown against more; at least in my trials...

anyway - I am rambling - I am still trying to figure this all out...Seems though, all is based on a 100 scale; 50 is EA/Tiburons "zero" slider setting, meaning no adjustments outside whatever is added to ratings due to the actual level itself (as it appears, each level category you are in, all-madden, all-pro, pro, and rookie, have a base adjustment to rating for that skill level, and then adjusting sliders within that skill level fine tunes the base adjustments.) so in all-madden, for example, the skill range is 0-25, or no more than 75 points per each skill set, etc..but that theory has been explained in detail by others on OS and to more detail than I could explain right here...

I do feel that the all-madden and rookie settings are the extremes and allow for more so called cheating by the AI, but the range between all-pro and pro are more the normal range for getting the best animations are variations in game...So sliders running between 26 and 74(75) are the better overall range to keep sliders...My opinion ONLY...

Lol, man. Lol, for real. Haha, I agree with everything u said there. I would LOVE to have a tutorial for sliders. And, legitimately, I wouldn't be AS mad at madden for not producing an out of the box actual game of football (although, I still believe this SHOULD be their goal. Lol), if they would let me know EXACTLY what the sliders control. What exact aspects. I love your calculation theory and have always assumed something like this, but even if it were that simple, something is always missing from how ea codes this game. An example of this is QB ACC. It would be great if I lowered ACC because I thought the QBs were too much on target and should be a little more errant. So, I lower QB ACC. What happens? Strangely, the QB still throws the ball in the exact same place. Same trajectory, same target spot, same spiral, release, timing, etc. But, NOW the WR simply drops it?? Or, suddenly, the defense has better coverage?? So, now, it's just harder to fit the ball in there?? Yeah, those are the things that are cheesing me off right now. Because they can't/won't/don't try to implement a 'true' physics engine (well, they did last year which I applauded, but this year feels much less organic), instead of the QB ACC slider simply altering the trajectory of each pass by a few inches, they make the WR drop the ball, or run his route out of bounds. Yeah, madden sliders are silly business for sure. I'm messing with the blocking sliders and actually raised the tackling sliders to 70 just to see what they would do. I thought the d would come crashing through, but instead I'm actually seeing a few broken tackles from Steven Jackson, finally and he's actually falling forward when hit for a change. So, I don't know what the heck these NG sliders are doing AT ALL!!! Lol. Please, let me and the rest of operation sports know if ea actually puts out a slider tutorial. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk