View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 01:32 AM   #2292
Seanmgz
Rookie

Seanmgz's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

I've loved this mode since they introduced it and it really is amazing (when it works...) on the next gen consoles, but some of the things that happen on the grading scale drive me absolutely insane.

My #1 annoyance is when you block a shot, the ball is live for an 'offensive rebound' which generally the shooter or other team will get, and usually score pretty easily off of the second effort. If it's your guy on defense who gets it and scores, you get knocked for giving up an O-reb as well as letting your man score. In no world would your coach punish you for the other team grabbing the ball off your blocked shot, most of the time I'm still in the air when they get it back and just landing as they put it in. It's ****ing ridiculous, it happened to me a bit with my smaller PG, and now with my big center it happens every time unless I swat it out of bounds. There's basically no point of going for a block because it's going to kill my grade more than help it.

On a different note, is there a way to turn off the grade box in the top right corner? I think I would enjoy the mode that much more if I wasn't constantly being reminded of dumb things that lower my grade.