View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 10:31 PM   #2350
oouie433
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Duke 27
Alright guys. Confirmed it again. Carelesswhispers and I method works but there are other variables that need to be in place that were not mentioned. Today I got traded to the San Antonio Spurs who I picked as my favorite team from the Cleveland Cavaliers after I requested that they trade Kyrie Irving. So let me explain the full process.

MANIPULATING YOUR GM TO TRADE YOU TO THE TEAM OF YOUR CHOOSING

1. After the rookie showcase pick youre favorite team. Make absolutely sure you want to go to this team because there is no way to change your mind or change teams as you will be traded to this team after this process. You dont want to waste 40 games trying to get to a team to then realize you want to go elsewhere so there is only one option. Youre not asking for a trade so there is no picking options or picking 3 teams. So keep all of this in mind. You only pick 1 team prior to draft interviews. This is the key to the whole process.

2. You must answer all interview questions attempting to be a good teammate and in all cutscene scenarios choose the options that increase your teammate chemistry. Wear the clown nose, stand up for your teammates, get ejected, carry your teammates luggage, etc.

3. Keep a good relationship with your GM, you dont want to be traded prematurely.

4. About 25 games in your agent will take to you about being able to ask for a trade soon. A few games after you start to get an option to ask for a trade when the GM checks in on you. This is very important. During any point in this process, DO NOT ASK FOR A TRADE. This will mess up the method and get you traded normally. The whole point of this is to manipulate the GM into trading you.

5. This is the whole key to the process. When the GM comes to check in on you, tell the GM you do not get along with a teammate. When you pick a teammate, pick the STAR teammate. This is the highest rated teammate and the one who asserts himself as the star of the team during cutscenes, i.e. the one who you watch film with, asks you to be his sidekick, etc. Whem the GM asks if this is seriously an issue and whether you can resolve this pick "no, trade him" The GM will say he will see what he can do and blah blah blah.

6. The timing of this is very important. DO NOT ASK YOURE TEAMMATE TO BE TRADED IN DECEMBER. Reason being is that the key to this process is the team you picked will be the most interested team in you. Your favorite team will not show interest in you until January when you become a starter. The option will first come up in December but dont choose it. Wait until after you become a starter.

7. Once you become a starter your star teammate will ask you to be his sidekick. By this time your team chemistry should be in the 90s. In the process I used, I told my teammate to go f*** himself when I got asked to be his sidekick. It should drop your teammate chemistry to 84% and around this time you will get a GM conversation.

8. After the sidekick conversation the very next GM conversation, ask for your teammate to be traded. Pick the star teammate. Two things will happen. Your teammate chemistry will go down to 76-79% if you told your teammate that you aint no sidekick. Secondly your GM relationship will go down to 1%. This is what you want. Your GM will be fed up with you and will look to trade you.

9. Once you go back to the main my career menu you should see yourself in the rumor mill. Once you play a game or two your agent will come to you in the arena tunnel and tell you whats going on and that you may be traded and show you a list of interested teams. Your favorite team will show the most interest.

10. The whole process takes about 5 games. Just keep playing normally and you'll get another GM conversation soon. Dont ask for a trade, just tell your GM youre doing great. This should be 5 games after you asked him to trade your star teammate.

11. When you continue to the next game the GM will meet with you and tell you it wasnt working out and that youve been traded. You will be traded to the team you choose at the the beginning of the pre draft process if youve followed these steps correctly.

13. Important Notes-
You may have to regain youre starting spot. Dont worry about this, just give it some time. This seems to be pretty random in occurence.

Also, dont worry about your rating. You will not be traded for a star teammate no matter if youre a high rated player. The GM will trade you for a low rated player of your position and draft picks. In my case I was traded for Ben Mclemore and picks from the 76ers to the Kings or in my current my career I was traded for Danny Green and picks from the Cavs to the Spurs. I was an 82 rated SG each time.

You should be traded by late January/early February depending on what you told your athletic trainer and how many games you missed.

If you arent happy with the team and you want to ask foe a trade afterwards then you s*** outta luck because the normal trade process is a pain in the *** after this point because your GM relationship is only 70% because this is a new team and because this is so close to the trade deadline meaning if you ask for a trade at this point you probably wont be sent to one you choose. Make absolutely sure this is what you want.

Thats the whole process. Use this to get traded to the team of youe choosing.
Good job man. I'm not interested in being traded, but seems like you put a lot of hard work into this process