Old 12-31-2013, 06:24 PM   #278
OhMrHanky
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Mizzou24's all pro sliders for a CPU offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
I look at it like this. If the penalty slider is set low,the cpu isn't smart enough to know whether it will be called or not...it's probably programmed simply (just guessing) to adjust frequency.

Setting any penalty slider at it's lowest setting SHOULD result in said penalty not being called,hence why at 1 you're not seeing the qb throw the ball away.

I would start at default,and adjust from there to get the desired results.

Speed may as well be a factor,I'm playing on slow,and have that slider at default,and more times than not the cpu will attempt to throw the ball away under pressure.

I really hope this gen EA gets their crap together in regards to the sliders,and their effectiveness.Because I don't want to spend 6 months after the game releases tinkering with these damn things anymore.

This is where it would be nice to have a slider tutorial from ea (IF they even know what the sliders do. Lol). I messed around A LOT with the penalty sliders for the 360, and IMO, I think u have to look at penalty sliders like this: the higher the number, the more they occur, so the more often the CPU would commit the penalty. In terms of intentional grounding, this means the higher the number, the more often the QB just chucks it away before being sacked. Now, I'm not saying that's absolutely the case as the programming in this game often leads to perplexed thoughts, however, I do think this is a part of the QB timing equation. Similar to holding, I believe everyone had a consensus that the higher the holding slider, the more often holds occurred, and even if they weren't called, Olineman tended to block for longer with a higher number. Overall, though, in terms of the QB getting rid of the ball before getting sacked, this is totally a combo of QB ACC, IG, CPU pass blocking, and human tackling. Sadly, ALL of these things contribute to when the QB 'feels' the pressure and chucks it. In CG, I found a great mix of all these sliders to create a really solid timing window for the CPU QB and was lucky to get 5 sacks in any game playing 15 min qtrs with ACC clock. These sliders DO NOT transfer to NG, unfortunately, and I'm currently tweaking myself to make this game decent. I had IG in the 60s and am currently trying it around there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk