View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 07:10 PM   #20
NCStateHokie
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Just got this game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks0124
I make considerable coins flipping cards. Pretty much how I've built my team and coin bank.

You've heard the saying - it takes money to make money. Well it takes coins to make coins. You need to build up a decent reserve (probably 30-50k in coins) to really start.

Easiest way to start is probably with golds - lowest margin of error. Study a position group or set of players. Watch the trends of that position over a weekend and throughout a weekend. Figure out what the cards will sell for and what cards are in collections. As you learn this stuff, you spot good deals. Pounce on the deal and list it for a slightly higher margin - making yourself 1k to 2k. Don't be greedy early - the quicker you can flip a card, the quicker you can buy another to flip.

A good example would be at the RT position. If I search for Gold RT players I'll usually find a Fluker, Buluaga and Carmini at or above 10k. Then I'll usually see a Glenn for about 5k. The key is find somebody who doesn't realize that Fluker is in two collections and will list him lower than Glenn - allowing you to score a quick 2-3k. Sometimes several people will undercut each other and you find a Fluker for 7k, 5k, and 3.5k. You buy the one at 3.5k, be patient for the other two to sell (they will) and then list yours for 7k.

The key is to know the values of these players up and down.

As you master gold players, you can move over to silver and elites which will offer higher risk and higher returns.
This dude knows what he is talking about. His nickname is the Auction House Master.