Thread: Interceptions
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 11:51 AM   #8
Mos1ted
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Interceptions

After playing in practice mode all morning and testing different slider settings, I believe that the Interceptions slider is dead. No adjustments to said slider has any effect on the defense's abilities to get interceptions. It's the Pass Coverage slider that affects the DB's likelihood of intercepting a pass.

In fact, after hours of testing, I would argue that the Pass Coverage slider is the Interceptions slider because I didn't notice any other changes to the DB's behavior and abilities when testing this slider other than the interceptions decreasing or increasing.

Another anomaly I noticed during testing is that the Reaction Time slider is backwards. Increasing it actually decreases the defense's reaction time to passes. To test this, I set it at zero and kept hotrouting to a simply curl route. I used the matchup of Dez Bryant vs Deangelo Hall. At 0, Hall was reacting almost instantly when Bryant was making his break to come back to the line of scrimmage. At 100, however, the reaction time was slowed and more in line with my expectations of what I would consider a realistic reaction time. I'll have to watch some film, however, and see how fast certain DB's react in real life before I can find a setting I'm happy with on that slider.