Old 01-03-2014, 01:16 PM   #11
OhMrHanky
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tackling slider? Broken tackles/blockshed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
This is going to seem crazy, but try setting the Tackling sliders to 100. I, too, noticed that setting it at 0 was ineffective and that it also affected the CPU's FG ability. However, I thought about some OS theories in previous years about how certain sliders were backwards in some games, so I decided to test that theory this time.

What I noticed after setting it at 100 is that there were more broken tackles now. What I also like is that it didn't dumb down the CPU or human player's ability to make tackles; it doesn't turn every player into Earl Campbell; it just made the "tackling radius" smaller, meaning that the suction tackling that's visible on default was less apparent. The user now has to be smarter when tackling; you can't just go diving at players carelessly knowing that you'll get the tackle. And against the CPU, it allows more elusive players to actually utilize the jukes and stuff that were marketed with some effectiveness without them being overly powerful like they were in Madden 04.

I haven't been playing much lately, but after I started this thread, I started moving the tackling slider all over the place. I think I have it around 60 now and am seeing more realistic tackles and some broken tackles. I don't think this slider is reversed necessarily, but it is a lot different than what it was CG. I may try it at 100 and see what it looks like or keep raising till I see what I want to see. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove