View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 04:53 PM   #316
Riggins
Rookie

Riggins's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Mizzou24's all pro sliders for a CPU offense

Ok so I just played my first game of the season with the St. Louis Rams against the Arizona Cardinals. Final score was 36-9, me.

Important stats:
Bradford 26-41 300 yards 0 tds 0 picks

Palmer 24-38 252 yards 0 tds 2 picks
Lindley 4-8 0 tds 1 pick

Zac Stacy 30 carries 168 yards 3 tds
Rashard Mendenhall 9 carries 36 yards 0 tds

One thing that stood out was I had 9 sacks. Now their starting center was out so that could've had a lot to do with it. My DT had 2 of those sacks so I guess that makes sense. They got me once, bc I was trying not to do anything stupid with the ball and didn't throw it away quick enough. Bradford was safe with the ball and played a little too good for Bradford. Didn't miss the open guy at all. Carson Palmer played kind of like Carson Palmer. He was getting hit all game and suffered two minor injuries. Lindley didn't throw his pick til late in the 4th so it was a desperate throw.

I think a lot of why the stats were inflated is bc the Cardinals aren't a good Madden team. Palmer isn't mobile and is an average passer. Larry Fitz had like 120 yards so he did his job, he was just the only weapon. Rashard Mendenhall is average and just couldn't get anything going. On the flip side I think the Rams are a great Madden team for 3 reasons: 1 the defense is dirty, they get pressure and have a decent secondary. 2 Zac Stacy is like a prime MoJo in the game and 3 bc their special teams are so good. It's hard to lose games when you make 58 yard field goals, have good kick returns, and pin the other team in bad field position.

All in all I thought it was a fun game to play. I like the fact that I didn't have a pick or a TD with my QB. He struggled in the red zone but Stacy had 3 short rushing TDs. I want to point out also that Arizona moved the ball decent a few times, but they just couldn't get in the end zone. I'm playing the Falcons week 2 so unfortunately I'm worried I won't get a good challenge for similar reasons. Hopefully Matt Ryan is more effectivee bc he has better threats at WR and TE. I've also had a hard time stopping Steven Jackson on the ground in past games, but we'll see how it works out with these sliders.

Fratagonia on YouTube, Fratagonia Sports Gaming.