View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 12:07 PM   #1
illiterateoption
Banned

OVR: 1
My APF 2K8 Season - Chicago Beasts

Here's how my current APF Season is shaping up!

Team: Chicago Beasts
Uniform Scheme: Chicago Bears
Conference: Pacific
Division North: Seattle Sailors, Minn. Ware wolves, Mil. Indians
QTR length: 7 Min., All-Pro.

Roster:
Gold: RB-Thurman Thomas, QB-CAP-Champ Davis (Scrambler, Laser, Rocket Arm)

Silver: WR-Gary Clark, WR-Irving Fryer, FS-Jack Tatum

Bronze: LB-Ken Norton, WR/KR/PR-Cliff Branch, DT-Dan Saleamua,

CB-Albert Lewis, DE-Dexter Manley, DE-Harvey Martin

Generics: All Balanced. WR-Mike Simpson, WR-Damon James will see time as result of the heavy WR formations. Opposite CB-Albert Lewis, #21 Alvin Richardson will be called upon to keep his side of the field in check. #39-Cory Chandler serves as Thurman Thomas' backup and will need to tote the rock effectively to spell Thomas.

Defensive Scheme: 4-3 - Conservative

Offensive Scheme: Run-N-Shoot/Shotgun (No FB/TE Sets - Every formation features 4-WR Spread Looks) - Make no mistake - this offense is predicated on getting the ball to Thurman Thomas early and often.

Game 1: At Texas Rustlers (Win, 35-21).

Texas is a tough team because of one man, Paul Horning (#5). Horning is a threat each and every time he touches the ball and Texas doesn't shy from making sure he gets his touches. Texas plays a similar offense to the Denver Cougars - fairly conservative two back sets but each team lacks deep threats to really stretch the field. I think the Rustlers offense presents more problems in the middle of the field because of Keith Jackson, a lethal Silver TE.

Horning ran for 80 yards, caught several balls and returned a kickoff for a TD. Despite his effort, Thurman Thomas thrived in the Chicago offensive scheme, running for 132 yards and catching 7 passes for an additional 54 yards leading the Beasts to a 35-21 win in Texas. Champ Davis completed 21/30 Passes for 297 yards with 3TD 0INT for the Beasts.

Pacific Conference - North Standings:

Beasts 1-0
Werewolves 0-1
Sailors 0-1
Indians 0-1

Next: at Las Vegas Rollers (1-0)
Advertisements - Register to remove