Old 01-08-2014, 01:07 AM   #22
Phatgordo13
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Future of the RTTS Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedFastball
Great comments!
I remember hearing about the "Prospect Game" but never heard anything else about it.
To be honest I think 1 game would not be nearly enough to get a realistic skill level in all areas. Some people have suggested playing your entire Senior year. Honestly, I think the way they do it now is a pretty good idea, using sliders Hitting---Power etc, but what about the REAL speedsters? like Billy Hamilton? the guy runs a 3.1 from 1st to 2nd!!!!!
The way it is set up right now, you could never create a prospect with that kind of speed...not with out purchasing some points.
But I don't have a problem buying points, the only problem I would have would be if they turned it into 2k's version. Then I would have an issue.
Found it. From the initial press release back in November.

"We think Road To The Show is the deepest, most realistic single-player experience in sports video games and we’re making it even better. A few of the new features include a new advancement system, new intuitive player creation process and all new pre-draft prospect showcase"

I also pull from that, that they're talking about one game that may or may not have any influence on your player's abilities. I think it makes sense to define your player initially as a power hitter, or speedster, but there needs to be a bit more organic process to it. If you get a chance to pick up one of the older NCAA Football titles it's worth taking a look.

You create your player, choose the city you are from, team colors, and then compete in a season of games to raise your value among prospective universities. I think it would be great if during your run to a state championship you hit a bunch of home runs and are touted in the MLB draft as a power hitting phenom, or similarly as a pitching talent.

It just seems to generic to be relegated to the same basic outline of a player going into the farm system. I liked the addition of tweaking a players sliders to determine power over average or speed over strength and so on, but that seems so arbitrary to what satisfaction could come from earning those attributes organically.