Old 01-08-2014, 01:36 PM   #24
Mr2Nice
# The No Movement!

Mr2Nice's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: WWE's Big Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Why wouldn't live PPVs be offered on the Network? None of this is going to replace the current models at this point, but it makes sense to offer up another revenue stream to supplement the existing, especially one that WWE wouldn't have to split profits with the cable providers on. Offer "free" PPVs (with the sub) and it looks like added value for the $10-$12 a month in addition to the back catalog they'll obviously offer. Probably get a decent amount of people who would otherwise be finding illegal streams for shows locked in too.

I wouldn't expect any of the PPVs or TV shows to go Network exclusive, (as it would be stupid to limit those revenue options) but to act as another way to view these things? Seems like the smartest option.

I'm in on the Network already, barring some insane pricing. I've been paying $8 for Classics on Demand, so bumping to $10-$12 for what's rumored is a no-brainer to me.
I could see it if they decide for NXT to have PPV's but I guess I just don't seem them using PPV's as part of the network. To me it just doesn't make sense. Yeah they have to split the revenue with cable providers but they also make more money than just including a ppv with a feature at a cost of only 10-15 bucks a month. Why do it when you could just have a historical archive, some original programming and some podcasts which is worth about 10-15 a month. Ur term free ppv I am kinda confused on I guess I mean the WWE isn't TNA.

I am excited to see what the WWE Network will be. Everything is just rumor,gossip and opinions. Least we have only 8 hours to go!