Thread: Pocket passers
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 12:51 AM   #11
Fistandilius
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Pocket passers

I'm not a great madden player by any means, but if you find a playbook you like and stick with it, after time you'll learn to see where you can throw and where you can't. If you have a good offensive line that can let you run the ball you can literally get away with running one formation the majority of the game successfully.

I admit I like mobile quarterbacks, but I also almost never run the ball. By the time I'm done checking the defense, if someone wasn't open I'm usually getting sacked by the time I've checked all my options. Like I said, I'm not a great madden player, but I know my play book and I know where I can put the ball and where I can't. It's rare that the defense doesn't give you something.

One trap I fall into is I'll pick a play and I'll decide what WR I want to get the ball to before I even snap the ball and some times I have a tendency to force it just because I want to throw it there. That's one advantage I would say for not knowing your plays well because if you don't have a predetermined plan, then you're just reading the defense and finding a hole instead of waiting for this guy on this route, etc. etc.

But that's just my 2 cents. Also, I should add that I don't play online. All that goes out the window against a human opponent playing defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove