Old 01-11-2014, 10:00 AM   #2900
Slooty2k
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rell7thirty
Not necessarily. I think after 60 games, you get the roster spot.

After every game, there's a post game stat sheet that lets you know who's getting the most minutes and what their roles are. Here you'll see that you start as a prospect, your minute bar all the way to the left. As you play, and complete the goals, your minute bar fills up and your role does as well. I went from Peospect, to sixth man to starter.. Never landed on bench warmer.

If you see that you're getting more minutes every game, you're well on your way to become a starter.

Try getting A's and A+'s. The coach will call you into his office, telling you he's enjoying your level of play, to keep it up for more minutes.

I thought my game was glitched because I saw this cutscene, in different scenarios, almost every game I got an A and above, until I finally got the starting spot.

Getting an A+ almost definitely needs 7 min quarters minimum on Superstar, for me.

Good luck
The dynamic goals are really only necessary for the VC, theres only a few times where they're related to the cutscenes but dynamic goals are in no way related to how your progress in My Career. Your progression is all based on performance. You never went to bench warmer because the difference between bench warmer/role player and prospect is based on ratings. It doesnt matter anyways.

You should get the starting spot after 30 games or so in January. The majority of people get a starting spot around this point. Im not sure why there are people who have to wait till 60 games in though. Seems like something in their My Career didnt activate correctly.