View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 04:34 AM   #3069
Nateball22
Just started!

OVR: 0
Thumbs up Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSharp
Did anyone here get drafted to the Knicks as a PG? I tried over 20 times now and always get snatched by the jazz at 21.
If you got drafted by them, what kind of stats did you have in the showcase? How did you answer the questions from your agent?
MANIPULATING YOUR GM TO TRADE YOU TO THE TEAM OF YOUR CHOOSING

1. After the rookie showcase pick your favorite team. Make absolutely sure you want to go to this team because there is no way to change your mind or change teams as you will be traded to this team after this process. You don’t want to waste 40 games trying to get to a team to then realize you want to go elsewhere so there is only one option. You’re not asking for a trade so there is no picking options or picking 3 teams. So keep all of this in mind. You only pick 1 team prior to draft interviews. This is the key to the whole process.

2. You must answer all interview questions attempting to be a good teammate and in all cut scene scenarios choose the options that increase your teammate chemistry. Wear the clown nose, stand up for your teammates, get ejected, carry your teammate’s luggage, etc.

3. Keep a good relationship with your GM, you don’t want to be traded prematurely. Saying “things are great”

4. About 25 games in your agent will take to you about being able to ask for a trade soon. A few games after you will get an option to ask for a trade when the GM checks in on you. This is very important. During any point in this process, DO NOT ASK FOR A TRADE. This will mess up the method and get you traded normally. The whole point of this is to manipulate the GM into trading you to your favorite team.

5. The timing of this is very important. AGAIN DO NOT ASK FOR A TRADE and DO NOT ASK YOURE TEAMMATE TO BE TRADED IN DECEMBER. Reason being is that the key to this process is the team that you picked will be the most interested team in you. Your favorite team will not show interest in you until January when you become a starter. The option will first come up in December but don’t choose it. Wait until after you become a starter.

6. Once you become a starter your star teammate will ask you to be his sidekick. By this time your team chemistry should be in the 90%. In the process, I told my teammate I’m not going to be his sidekick. Now your teammate chemistry should drop to 84%

7. After the sidekick conversation the very next GM conversation, tell your GM you “do not get along with a particular player”, Pick the STAR teammate. (This is the highest rated teammate and the one who asserts himself as the STAR of the team during cut scenes, i.e. the one who you watch film with, asks you to be his sidekick, etc.) Ask for the STAR teammate to be traded. When the GM asks if this is seriously an issue and whether you can resolve this pick "no, trade him" The GM will say he will see what he can do.

8. By this time two things will happen. Your teammate chemistry will go down to 76-79%. Secondly your GM relationship will go down to 1%. This is what you want. Your GM will be fed up with you and will look to trade you.

9. Once you go back to the main my career menu you should see yourself in the rumor mill. Once you play a game or two your agent will come to you in the arena tunnel and tell you what’s going on and that you may be traded and show you a list of interested teams. Your favorite team will start showing interest.

10. The whole process takes about 5 games. Just keep playing normally and you'll get another GM conversation soon. Don’t ask for a trade, just tell your GM you’re doing great. (Doing this time you can check the list of interested teams periodically in the 2K menu under My Career and you will start to see your favorite team moving up on the interest board.)

11. When you continue to the next game the GM will meet with you and tell you it wasn’t working out and that you’ve been traded. You will be traded to the team you choose at the beginning of the pre-draft process if you’ve followed these steps correctly.

Important Notes-
You may have to regain your starting spot or you might already be the starter. This seems to be pretty random in occurrence. And your jersey number might change depending if a player has the same number as you or the number is retired.

Also, don’t worry about your rating. You will not be traded for a star teammate no matter if you’re a high rated player. The GM will trade you for a low rated player of your position and draft picks. In my case I was traded to my favorite team the Knicks for Beno Udrih 69 rated PG and picks form the 76ers and I was an 81 rated PG.

And my friend did the same process and was traded for Ben Mclemore and picks from the 76ers to the Kings and in his other my career he was traded for Danny Green and picks from the Cavs to the Spurs. Both were an 82 rated SG each time.

You should be traded by late January early February depending on what you told your athletic trainer and how many games you missed.

That’s the whole process. Use this to get traded to the team of your choosing.