View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 04:37 PM   #1514
Matt1108g
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

I picked up this game a few days ago, mainly due to the problems I dealt with in "the other game". I am pleasantly surprised with Live 14. There are definitely some things I love about the game, and there are numerous things that need major improvement.

Things I love:

The courts and arenas look amazing. The ESPN integration is a great touch, and I think it is implemented well. The updated jerseys look nice. And I appreciate the fact that I can play OR sim games in the rising star mode. Very refreshing, because- like most people- I have a life and don't have the time to physically play 82 games in a season. This mode lets me pick and choose when I want to play. As many others have stated- the spacing of the players on the court is very, very nice. I rarely feel like there is a sausage fest in the paint.

Things I don't like/Things that need to be improved:

The graphics obviously are not up to par. While they aren't nearly as bad as some of the reviews made it seem- they are definitely not "next-gen", but they are tolerable. However, the lack of appearance customization in the rising stars mode is something that baffles me. The extremely limited options when it comes to face/hair combinations is embarrassing. And for a next-gen game, in 2014, to not be able to at least add a beard, or a goatee, is unacceptable. That really shouldn't be hard to add. The shooting I have found quite difficult. I suppose I just need more practice, so I am willing to give it more time to get used to the mechanics. I also don't like the limited camera options.

I really do hope that EA continues to work on NBA Live, because if they can continue to build on their foundation, and improve the graphics, next year they could really make a run for a larger share in the market- especially with the issues that have been bogging "the other game".