View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 01:16 PM   #1
Steve_OS
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
MLB 14 The Show Could Have Different Release Dates For PS3 and PS4

While we wait on official word for the MLB 14 The Show release date, one has to wonder if the PS3 and PS4 versions will ship on the same day or not.

Looking back at MLB 07 The Show, the PS2 version shipped on February 26th, while the PS3 version didn't ship until May 15th.

I sent a note to Russell, but I'm not sure if he is allowed to elaborate on it. But he did have this to say yesterday.

Quote:
There's no conspiracy or grand design, everything is going according to our schedule for this year. There won't be any less information about the game than there was last year. The schedule is different this year that's all, nothing more nothing less.

Either way, it's fun to speculate, since we haven't seen anything new recently. Last year, we received the fact sheet on January 14th. We also saw some gameplay from CES last year at around this time, but it wasn't on display this year. Just taking a peek at our MLB 13 The Show page, we saw a few Developer Journals with hands-on impressions at the end of January.

Let's hope we see or hear something soon.

Written by: Steve Noah
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove