View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 02:40 AM   #1646
sportyguyfl31
MVP

OVR: 34
Re: NBA Live 14 Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Still into my 1st week with the game...ive been playing knicks-nets and have graduated from being slaughtered by the cpu, to being competitive and getting closer to winning one .

I figured out what I was doing wrong defensively. I was playing way too tight on the ball. Deron Williams was just slaying me every game. I've been doing a much better job of keeping players out of the paint, and forcing more mid and long 2's .

This game really forces me to play tactically, and I haven't been used to having to do that to survive. There's a lot of good strategic elements to this game. When there is a matchup that I cannot guard, I am forced to bring doubles to force a bad shoot or to make the player give up the ball. I find myself using most of the coaching settings based on who is on the floor.

What I don't like is that the CPU in the 4th quarter has this ability to flip a switch and turn into the '95-'96 Chicago Bulls. I was in a tight 39-38 game 2 minutes into the 4th, and all of a sudden KG, Paul Pierce, and Joe Johnson turned into Jordan, Pippen and Rodman on the defensive end and I could not do anything. They just shut down everything, ripped off a 10-0 run and with 5 min. quarters..the game was over. These games really need to cut that crap out.

Also, what happened to the playbooks?? I LOVED NBA Live 10's playbooks. They were so deep and you could set them virtually any way you wanted. These PB's are really shallow by comparison, you cant customize them at all, and the X button passing when you are trying to execute a set can be nutty.

Overall, 5 days into having this system,this game has gotten the most run. It is oddly addictive. I just keep on playing it and don't even realize its happening until I have cranked out 4-5 games in row

Im really looking forward to when I can record and post vids on here..the one drawback of the PS4 is that it is a royal pain to set it up to record and do the youtube thing with..I have to get a damn hdmi splitter to do what I could with no issue on ps3? Psh