View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 01:01 PM   #4
braves_94
Rookie

OVR: 1
This seems quite similar to the Bulls second three-peat. LeBron, like MJ, is the best player in the game. And Wade, like Pippen, has been hampered with leg injuries. Further more, they beat the Thunder for their first of three. The Bulls beat the Sonics. Then the Bulls won two straight series against the Jazz, an experienced and hardened squad. So does this mean, if history repeats itself, the Heat will once again top the Spurs? Who knows. But I can't count out any team with LeBron James from winning it all. While I think the sun is fading on Pat Riley and Co. I think they still have the ability to ride off into the sunset.

Another interesting question, why would James stay in Miami with a core of aging vets? He doesn't even have to look out of the state to find a team better equipped for his final stand in the NBA. Think about this, Orlando has a young nucleus starting with Victor Oladipo, who could be a young Wade. A swing forward in Tobias Harris, that couples greatly with James. A double-double machine in Vucevic. Throw in two first rounders, one almost surely to be Marcus Smart or Dante Exum in the event. Or they could transform Oladipo into a Westbrook point and make a run at Wiggins or Parker. And above all, an owner who is not scared to pass the luxury tax threshold. And that's just in his current state. What about attractive destinations like Philadephila, or his old stumping ground in Cleveland? He might stay one more year for another run, but he's as good as gone after 2015. Too many better options.