ggsimmonds
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Passing/ WR/DB interactions need an overhaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by HingleMcCringleberry
Totally agree with this

The only difference I feel with QBs is when your QB has worse accuracy, the game just decides to completely shank the pass by throwing it straight to defenders where nobody on your team is even remotely close to. Like the game just decides "you need an interception buddy" and just throws it to a defender. This has happened to me on a 3 yard pass, where i throw to a guy running wide open underneath right over the middle and the game throws it near the flat and it gets picked. And the CPU QBs have no issues throwing for 75% whether they are Blaine Gabbert or Peyton Manning, even when I pressure them all game.

Other than that, every player in Madden plays the same to me. The only really noticeable difference to me is speed and that's it. But that's what the game is built around. Why you have many players who aren't that fast but have great skills in real life to cover up that lack in speed end up being worthless in this game.

The guy that said deep balls are consistently an issue for him hit the nail right on the dead center of the head for me. It seems that whether my WR is 6'5" or 5'5", the defender will still find a way to get in perfect position to somehow jump over my guy without even looking to get the pick. AND this happens with 5+ yards separation as well. And then you can exploit the coverage so easily by doing audibles until they press on you, send the wideout on a fly, and the corner will get stuck in the backfield at least 7 times out of 10. You can do the same exact thing with loose coverage and short routes.

Dropped passes are an absolute NIGHTMARE. I can't even explain how frustrating it is when you have a wide open guy with nobody around him only for him to drop a perfectly placed pass 3 times in a row since he is not Calvin Johnson or something. I create all my WRs to have 95+ catch to solve this issue, since everyone under that seems to have hands like feet for me. And then when the WRs run option routes, their decision making is horrendous. Just absolutely awful. They will often stop right in triple coverage with the option wide open, and I would throw it thinking he was breaking toward the option, only for both my QB and WR to be on a different page than me as I watch the errant pass go right into the triple coverage.

And back to the cone thing, I loved the cone. Was it flawed? of course. Was it a good implementation to try to create a realistic passing scenario? most definitely. But they never had it in long enough to improve on it and make it into something that would have been incredible (wasn't it around for like only one year?). Sure it would be nice if they implemented it again, but we have been here before. Something that was a good step in the right direction in the past gets removed shortly after only for them to recycle it years later claiming it as a brand new thing, as they create and fuel the whole advertising/marketing hype train.
The dropped passes issue goes back to my beef with incompletions. The lack of animations and off target passes necessitates drops in order to have anything close to realistic completion percentages. You can watch a game and see a pass where the QB overthrows it and the WR is only able to get a fingertip on it, but you don't see this in madden.

As for the cone, I loved it. It was in for two years if I recall. In the second year it became optional. Buried in the menus was an option to turn it on