View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 04:39 PM   #1
JA Money14
Banned

OVR: 0
The Ultimate NBA ONE Experience (Xbox One)

The Ultimate NBA Experience Version 1.5
For Xbox One

#ONEFAM, i'm proud to be bringing you (hopefully) the definitive NBA 2K14 experience roster wise.

Sliders are very helpful in making this a beautiful game to play and witness, however, a good set can only take you so far. With 2K's broken default rosters, MyGM's can quickly become destroyed by terrible decision making and potential ratings that are incredibly inflated. In general, actually, I believe overall ratings are inflated beyond belief. This leads to both non-simulated games and also simulated games to destroy statistics.

I tried and tried to enjoy MyGM with default rosters after the jersey updates, namely because most of the great roster makers are on PS4. I can't do it. By year 4, my Orlando Magic became a joke and other teams were LOADED with 80's, which is clearly not what you want to happen.

So, down to business. I'm throwing my name into the 'roster maker' hat, and i'm going to try my very best to make this game even more enjoyable long term than it is in it's current state.

What's included in the Ultimate NBA Experience:
- Fully customized roster experience.
-- EVERY player in the NBA and most FA edited.
-- Ratings, Tendencies, and most importantly potential edits.
-- Signature Skills and Personality badges edited to better reflect the NBA player
-- Accessory corrections, including the colors and styles. No more just star players having accessories, ALL NBA PLAYERS updated!
-- Signature Style! Every player has been fixed up in terms of Signature shots and animations. (Big thanks to RipCity's Spreadsheet for some of the edits!)
-- Wingspan, Shoulder, and Body Length edits! (Courtesy of Kaanyr Vhok)

- Adjusted ratings for better simulated statistics.

- All transactions updated. This includes trades, 10-day contracts, small signings, D-League call-ups, and correct Jersey numbers.

- Fully functional playbooks for all 30 NBA franchises that better reflect the teams real life offensive counterpart.

- Fully functional inclusion of a 2014 draft class made by myself and HyperDunks 15 to work with the roster

- Continual fictional draft class to further increase the longevity of MyGM's.

- Sliders taylormade for the roster. Derived from my CG sliders.

With the main course, the roster, when I say FULLY EDITED, I mean FULLY EDITED. That means, EVERY PLAYER IN THE GAME.

I tried and tried to not make this an intensely algorithm based roster, but because of 2K's incompetence and lack of knowledge of their OWN simulation engine.. I have to rate these players based on separate formulas that are VASTLY different than 2K's.

What does that mean exactly?

A couple things are going to look odd in the ratings menu if you're familiar with 2K's rating system, I can give you examples in terms of rebound ratings.

My formulas are based on 2K's SIM ENGINE. Therefor, some ratings will be built to cater to that. Rebound ratings are one casualty. Big men will have suspect ratings, sometimes in the 40's and 60's. Don't however, let that turn you off. They will still play the sae ingame.

Passer ratings will be the same way for the most part. I have a formula for shots as well, but I'm fairly confident with my current system. I will make changes gradually, but not so often that you will have to Re-start MYGM every week..

If you're wondering... Yes, I will be updating my draft classes to fit in with this new statistically pleasing rating system.

With the roster discussion of course in this thread, the other threads can be found through these links:

2014 & Fictional Draft Classes!
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-xbox-one.html

Next-Gen Slider Set!
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...m-sliders.html

Thanks #ONEFAM. Peace

EDIT - 3/7 WE HAVE LIFTOFF!

The 30 NBA rosters have been COMPLETELY edited. That is finished. I will put this next bit in spoiler tags so this first post doesn't become too big.

Below is a small preview of the rosters via player ratings and rankings.

Spoiler

*Note: When viewing roster in main menu, please remember that 2K's frequent updates are in there, so those numbers with up or down arrows are NOT the actual rating.
**Another Note: If you want custom shoes, you'll have to do them yourself. The Shoe file is separate from the roster and I cannot have them in the file, or they will just reset to Generic, which nobody wants. Here's a link to a great shoe thread if you need formulas: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...iscussion.html

PUTTIN IN WORK

UPDATE: 3/7/14
New release! FULL version v1.5
GT: JA Money14
Title: Ultimate NBA Experience (3/19)
All transactions are complete as of 3/14/14

Last edited by JA Money14; 03-20-2014 at 12:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove