View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 02:02 PM   #18
Torncuff
Just started!

OVR: 0
Well, this is certainly the best baseball simulation out there.

You get detailed batting, detailed fielding, detailed pitching, detailed weather, detailed park....realism across the board.

You get a pretty an extraordinary online community, where you can play unique draft leagues, greatest teams leagues, and multiple daily greatest team tournaments (that take between 1 and 2 hours) each day to complete. There is a robust facebook community that supports this game and contributes to suggestions, and an ownership group that actually responds in the same day to concerns and suggestions.

I understand the season solo replay issues....and I believe the ownership group is working on this. As a guys who graduated through Atari Baseball, Intellivision Baseball!, Intellivision "Computer" Baseball!. "Computer League Baseball (forgot the name, the first fairly robust CP disk game)", Earl Weaver Baseball, Tony LaRussa Baseball, Diamond Mind, OOTP....to this...to me the online interaction trumps with other real live players, and the ability through using the highly customizable COMPUTER MANAGER when I can't "LIVE" head-2-head against other team owners makes this a much better experience.

I've probably played a couple thousand computer seasons solo, and while they were enjoyable, nothing compares to being able to play and compete against someone who makes better decisions than anything ever created as an Artificial Intelligence. There's people on the site I honestly don't like....and they probably don't like me. Honestly I think that's a good thing. There's a real emotional investment into the action. The quick action tournaments, and the competition therein, along with the season long and greatest team tournaments, makes this an experience I think is certainly worth the investment.

I for one was one of the guys that liked to replay every day of a season. With every single season I played, it was too easy to beat the computer. Random number generator be damned, it was too easy. Maybe some positive reinforcement is good, on some level. But it's not very gratifying.

You won't find that here. Hopefully you'll probably enjoy that more. If you can't play every series in a league...set up the computer manager. It's much more robust than Diamond Mind. When you can play against a live opponent, more than likely you'll find a much more robust and thrilling challenge than just "beating the weak AI".

There isn't pretty graphics..there isn't animation...but there is an unequaled amount of interaction. And something that actually looks, feels, and plays like real baseball would play. If you join and play the Greatest Team Tournaments Daily, don't get a team with very good left-handers. My favorite teams have a little bit of weakness against them.

APaul
Torn_cuff