View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 07:25 PM   #21
brandon27
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NASCAR '14 Official Impression Thread

I've got to say... I just ran a 26 lap race at Vegas, no wear, no setups or anything like that, I qualified on the pole, but had a hard time keeping the lead. I lead 10 of the 26 laps, the AI was racey as all hell! It was a ton of fun. I noticed no brake checking at all, I was pretty much racing in the top 10 the whole time though. I found the AI to be pretty aggressive too, although it could have just been me not paying attention to my surroundings sometimes too.

Anyways, I ended up having a green/white checkers finish. I restarted in 6th, the car in front of me spun its tires on the restart (which tends to happen alot), so I easily snuck inside him, then picked up another spot in turn 1 pretty easily. I was sitting in 3rd as I took the white flag, picked up 2nd place coming off of turn 2, then I dove underneath Ambrose going into 3, we rubbed in the middle of 3 and 4, i got a good run off 4 and had the lead and then all of a sudden im getting nailed by Stewart from the side just out of 4, had a photo finish at the line, side by side. I had no idea who won until it came up on the screen that it was me, driving the 99 of Edwards (puke).

That's some of the most fun I've ever had in this series racing.

Check out these pics! (sorry for the crappy quality, cell phone pic, off my tv screen!, Just had to share this awesome experience)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-02-18 19.07.57.jpg (457.9 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg 2014-02-18 19.13.42.jpg (574.6 KB, 192 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove