View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 05:37 AM   #18
ich2233
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Slider affects on other sliders

Gotta chime in here. INT Grounding lower setting makes QB get rid of the ball quicker. 100% KBLover is wrong in that. There are certain sliders that affect animations and certain sliders that affect CPU A.I. Facemask effects animations. Too low it disappears. Too high it gets called non stop. Pass Interference effects A.I. that's why everyone has it so low. CPU says "Hey the ref won't call it I can do whatever I want." I do agree with Hanky about the difference in the two being the biggest factor but I can't agree that being higher compared to lower is better. As Britt mentioned, he raised Holding up sky high and saw 30 penalties. I did the same and had DPI/OPI 10/25 and got 2 Defensive Interference penalties in one game (without usering the DB and doing it myself). This IMO disproves the "high setting=animation activation" theory for at least that set. Hold/FS/OFF effect both I think. You'll see sets with really really low HOLD/FS and super high OFF. to help out DLine, yet you still get a bunch of pancake blocks and it's still easy to run the ball. I think Britt's got something with the higher LINE penalties. They make both sides passive (less pancakes and less sacks {I've still yet to hear of anyone playing a game without a sack}) and it seems to induce more penalties in general.
I also noticed PCI/RTK somehow affects CBs jumping routes. Very high and you get them jumping under curl/comeback routes so you can just throw behind them and be off to the races.

Sorry I'm rambling, back to Int Grounding. At a higher setting the only QBs that really get the ball off are the Mobile ones. Obviously it's dependent on what the Speed Threshold is but this is what happens to non mobile QBs.
-Int Grounding @ 60+ (just a guess, I feel like 10-15 pts above or below 50 is really all you need in this game. The computer will recognize it being one way or the other better)
Peyton Manning drops back against Seahawks D. Pocket collapses and the INTG. slider KICKS IN. This is when I realized a high setting is NOT the way to go. At a high setting the QB will sense the pressure earlier, KBLover was definitely right about that. I think KB was the one that said it was the QB Panic Slider too but I can't remember. That's EXACTLY what it is. QB senses pressure early, panic mode enabled, what does QB do in panic mode? Throw the ball away. BUT HE CAN'T because Int Grounding will be called on him (in CPU's mind at least) At high settings, panic mode = "I have to get out of the pocket so I can throw this ball away!!@!" and it kicks in too soon which causes CPU to scramble right into Sacks.