View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 01:15 PM   #49
shutdown10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Is Barely Updating Its Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
I didn't get through all of the comments, but I will say it again about NBA Live. In my opinion Live 07-09 was decent at best and Live 10 was the peak of the franchise. Since then the only game they released was Live 14, which isn't as good as Live 10 of a previous generation. Everyone seems to ignore the elephant in the room that Mike Wang produced Live 10, left and made 2K11-14, all the best the bball games of their respective years. As far as bball basketball games go, he seems to the genius behind them. He left EA because of politics and the fact that it was too hard to get things done to improve the game.

We all have fond memories of NBA Live, but we have to be honest about the times. The Live we grew up with didn't have to deliver the level of realism that is required today. Contact in the paint, the level of AI, off ball movements etc are all things that we look for today. Back in 2004 you could simply add a freestyle dribble stick and we were impressed. The detail that goes into sports games today require a great mind to lead, a stellar team and the publisher all working hand in hand. From what I played in Live 14 it would be close to impossible to turn that around to something new in 9-10 months. It took 2K 17 years to get to the gameplay we see now and they have a great organization in place producing their basketball game. I just think it's time that we're all honest about who's making Live today, their track record and what we've actually seen the last couple of years. I remember them saying it had to be on next gen because current gen couldn't handle what they were about to put out, smdh.

Just my two cents, spend them how you want.. No offense intended to anyone.

Nobody should be offended by what you said. This Live team needs to prove to everyone in the community that they can make a respectable basketball game. All the excuses have run out for them because you see it in the low sales and the harsh critics and reviews from credible gaming websites.