Old 03-07-2014, 08:57 AM   #4064
KingTocco
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n
Short players have a much harder time in this game. You have to be wide open to get a good shot when any opponent towers over you. Another way to challenge yourself is playing a big on a bad team - I had to score 71pts with 7 blks and 20rebs last night to carry my Lakers to a 4th quarter comeback win against the Nuggets. Team rhythm and momentum is so huge in this game it's almost impossible to turn a game around, but once we had a good run going we were unstoppable and finished out on a 26-4 run. I've totally given up on this career being anywhere near realistic with the supporting cast I've got right now on the Lakers, and it's made things alot more fun.
That's where I'm at currently, I tried to make a big but I just didn't care for it because too many attributes were capped where I didn't want them to be. I wanted to make a slightly more athletic Pau Gasol version. I think the caps are good and prevent people from abusing attributes and making 99 speed centers, however I just wish they would let you pick a few attributes that are like your "signature" and you're allowed to max those out.

Like why does my 6 foot 8 athletic small forward have on-ball defense capped at 85? That makes no sense at all, but I digress.

Even with my SF right now it is still challenging, I'm on the Bobcats and I'm about 15 games in. We are 6-10, and we've won against mostly scrub teams...except we beat the Heat by 20 and I held Lebron to 4 points against me! It's still pretty challenging, and I can't wait to crack the starting lineup. My stats are pretty unrealistic right now and it seems as if I'm getting cut scenes, fans, chemistry, and endorsements faster than in my other Career...so maybe it's because of my insane statistics?

Would love to try and get on the Lakers this season, doubt that will happen though because they are my favorite team and I picked them as such but they never trade you to that team...we'll see. I got back into the Career mode because I'm trying to get all the trophies associated with it, and I want to sign with Jordan and wear the 10s

I'm having fun but sometimes I get frustrated like everyone else with the unrealistic scripted nonsense, the CPU A.I., unrealistic statistics, etc.