Old 03-07-2014, 04:02 PM   #13
Heroesandvillains
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Press Row Podcast - Hands-on with MLB 14 The Show and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
From the interview, frame rate for ps4 isn't where they want it and part of the lighting for the ballpark wasn't complete but graphics are much better than ps3. Three minutes of discussion about that, then rtts, it's boring to play 162 games, etc.

I get the impression these folks aren't into baseball.
Not true. Owen Good (now of Polygon) has written some of my favorite The Show related articles.

However, the discussion on RTTS was shocking considering there were journalists/bloggers from some pretty big-weight publications taking part.

Very disappointed with the panel discussion if you ask me.

I know we don't know the details yet, but how they spent so much time speculating on what emulating a big league player in RTTS means and no one clearly suggesting, "maybe it means using their animations and if you're a pitcher, their repertoire...but we'll see what else or if we're on the right track" was pretty odd.

They just seemed so confused by the idea that I had to cringe a few times (again, not that we know exactly what it entails, but even the speculation was on the panel was strange).

I usually love these podcasts but this one was pretty unusual compared to the ones I've listened to.